How to install and use the template
What you need:
Install the template
- Go to app.sheetgo.com/templates
- Select Cash Flow Template
- Click Use template.
Note: Sheetgo will create a folder on your Google Drive called Cash flow, containing 3 spreadsheets: Payments, Receipts, and Cash Flow (master sheet).
Enter your receipts (cash inflow)
- In the Sheetgo web app, double click on the Receipts spreadsheet to open it.
- Click on the Receipts tab in the bottom left corner. Delete the sample data.
- Enter your receipt details: Input date, Client name, Invoice #, Invoice amount ($), Amount received ($), Date received, Product, Product category, and Notes.
Tip: Link a Google Form to the Receipts tab, to input and validate data. If you don't need a Form, apply data validation to ensure consistency. Do the same for payments (below).Enter your payments (cash outflow)
- Double click on the Payments spreadsheet to open it.
- Click on the Payments tab on the bottom left corner. Delete the sample data.
- Enter your payment details: Input date, Supplier, Invoice #, Invoice amount ($), Amount paid ($), Date paid, Category, and Notes.
- Open the Cash Flow (master sheet) and go to the Instructions tab. Enter your start date and starting balance.
- When you have entered all your data, click Run workflow — look for the play symbol at the top of the menu bar on the right hand side of the screen. This updates the connection, and the data will flow from your Receipts and Payments spreadsheets into this master sheet. You can monitor different elements of your cash flow in the four green dashboard tabs.
- Every time you want to update (refresh) the entire workflow, click Run. If you only want to update one connection, go to Connections and click on the downward arrow.
- To switch on automatic updates, go to ⋮ in the top right hand corner of the menu bar and click Schedule > Enable automatic updates. Choose how frequently you want the connection to be updated. You can also do this for each individual connection. Under Connections, click on ⋮ then Edit connection.
- If you want to customize or expand the template, you can add other files to the workflow. Just click on the green Connect files button in the menu bar on the right-hand side. Here you can import data from another file or an entire Google Drive folder. Under Settings, you can also filter and append data.
Need more help using Sheetgo? Just click on the chatbot icon or the question mark at the top of the menu bar to contact our support team.