Append enables you to create a historical record of data that constantly changes from a source(s) into a destination. It does this by creating a new entry, below the previous entry, with the source data each time the connection is updated (see gif below). Your origin sheet must include a header.
- Click on the green "Plus" icon named "New" in your Add-on or Web App.
- Select Blank Workflow or an existing one (skip step 3)
- Name your Workflow, e.g., Inventory Management
- Select "Create Connection"
- Select the "Data source," which is the source spreadsheet from where you want to transfer data. Then select the sheet (tab) from that spreadsheet that you want to move.
- Select the "Data destination" which is the spreadsheet to which data from the data source will be transferred to. On add-on, by default, the data destination is the Google Sheet that you are currently using.
- In "Settings" select the checkbox to enable append data
- Click to "Save changes."