Sheetgo's 'Consolidate' feature allows you to consolidate multiple similar spreadsheet databases into a single sheet.
- Configure your data: The consolidate feature assumes the source data is structured like a database, that is row 1 is a header row and the data starts in row 2. If your data is not structured like this we recommend that you configure as described above to use this feature.
- Open Sheetgo: Click 'Add-ons -> Start -> Sheetgo'
- Select Import or Export: Mouseover the '+' icon and select the down arrow to Import (bring data from other sheets to this spreadsheet) or the up arrow to export (send data from this spreadsheet to another sheet)
- Select the 'Consolidate' connection type: click on the 'Consolidate' card
- Choose consolidation method: if all of the source sheets reside in the same folder and there are no other spreadsheets in this folder select 'All Sheets in a Folder' otherwise select 'Selecting Sheet by Sheet'
If you are consolidating from a folder, then search for and select the folder that holds all of the sheets. You can then edit whether or not you want to select the first sheet from every file or select the sheet name. Finally configure you may configure automatic updates, filters, and rename the connection. Once done click 'Connect' to import or export the data. Sheetgo automatically detects new sheets if you consolidate from a folder!
If you are consolidating sheet by sheet then click the '+' icon to add a sheet search for and select the spreadsheet file and individual sheet and select 'Add to Consolidate'. To select your second sheet click again on the '+' icon and find the second sheet for the consolidate. Repeat until you have select all sheets. Next you may click 'Options' to configure other settings or connect to import or export the data.